At Simply Gym we value your membership and actively encourage you to refer your friends & family to become members also. We do, however, remind you that sharing of your access code is not permitted and allowing another access to use our facilities without paying is in affect theft. We ask therefore that you observe the points below, and if someone you know would like to use the gym, they should take out a membership and pay for the right to do so, the same as you and everyone else.
1. Your PIN number can only be used by you: Your PIN number is issued solely for your use, as your membership is personal to you and only covers your use of a gym. You are responsible for keeping your PIN number secure and confidential at all times.
2. Use of PIN numbers is monitored: In the interests of the safety and security of all our members, use of PIN numbers and access is monitored and individuals using PIN numbers may be asked to provide proof of identification. Please note CCTV is in use throughout the gym.
3. What we will do if we think your PIN number has been misused: Should we believe that your PIN number has been used by another individual or individuals we may (in our discretion) decide to conduct an investigation. If we do so we will: (a) inform you via email that we believe your PIN number has been used by another individual or individuals and ask you to provide us with reasonable assistance to investigate the matter; and (b) following our investigation we will contact you to inform you of our findings and our proposed course of action, which may include one or more of the steps set out in paragraph 4 below.
4. Our Right to make additional charges and/or cancel your membership: If you unreasonably refuse to cooperate with our investigation, or following our investigation we have reasonable grounds to believe that your PIN number was used, with or without your knowledge and/or consent, by another individual or individuals, depending on the particular circumstances of each case, we reserve the right to take one or both of the following steps, which are in addition to any other legal rights that we may have : (a) to apply a penalty charge to your membership fees (and increase your direct debit payment(s) accordingly). The penalty charge will be calculated as being equal to the daily membership charge (that applied at the time of use) for each occasion on which your PIN number was used by that individual/those individuals; and/or (b) in the event of serious misuse of your PIN number, for example, your PIN number has been used on repeated occasions and/or by more than one individual, to notify you, via email, that we are cancelling your membership with immediate effect, and no refunds will be given.
5. Your responsibility for another’s conduct: If we have reasonable grounds for believing that you knowingly provided your PIN number / Access Device to another individual or individuals, or allowed unauthorised entry following your entry to the gym (Known as tailgating) in addition to our rights referred to in paragraph 4 above, we may hold you responsible for the conduct of the individual(s) while on our gym premises, and liable for any loss we suffer as a consequence of that conduct.
Thank you for observing these rules and reporting any incidents of pin sharing you observe or are aware of.