Simply Mums Simply Social
Wed 25 Jul, 2018
8 Top Family Friendly Festivals In The UK This Summer
It’s summer which can only mean..it’s festival season! But what are the best family friendly festivals to attend?
When the schools break up for summer, as a parent it can be a tiresome task to conjure up a list of fun activities that will keep your little ones amused (for at least more than an hour!) It can also be difficult to find an activity that is suitable for both adults and children that everyone can equally enjoy. We have made it super easy for you to discover child-friendly fun, that’s also suitable and enjoyable for the grown-ups (promise!)
Attending your favourite music festival or experience might sound impossible as a parent, but there are plenty of festivals in the UK that accept children and are family-friendly. Perhaps you aren’t going on holiday this summer but a weekend away is more achievable? A weekend festival can feel like a mini-holiday and is a great UK holiday alternative if going abroad is out of budget.
We’ve put together our top list of UK family friendly festivals for you to take your little ones to this summer:
1) Just So Festival – This multi-award winning arts festival is dedicated solely to children and their families. It returns to the beautiful Rode Hall Estate in Cheshire and offers unique experiences based on arts and mystery. Why not make it a short break with their choice of camping options?
When: 17th-19th August 2018
Where: Rode Hall, Cheshire
Price: Free to £145
Find out more: http://www.justsofestival.org.uk/
2) Wilderness Festival – Includes family yoga, arts and crafts and forest activities. Visit the open air theatre with the kids, play giant Jenga or even try some fishing! There are various camping options at different prices, including quiet camping. As family friendly festivals go, this is a weekend not to be missed!
When: 2nd-5th August 2018
Where: Cornbury Park, Oxfordshire
Price: £189.70 per adult for the weekend
Find out more: https://www.wildernessfestival.com/
3) The Big Feastival – Third on our list of family friendly festivals is The Big Feastival. From famous music artists to food and drink, head to the Cotswolds for the August bank holiday weekend with the family for a fun-filled break! The feastival fun for the little ones includes a big top, circus school and many of their favourite characters!
When: 24th-26th August 2018
Where: Alex James’ Farm, The Cotwolds
Price: Adult day tickets £84.50 but under 12s go free
Find out more: https://thebigfeastival.com/
4) Shambala – Featuring a Playtopia area for kids, Shambala is suitable for all and takes place at a secret location. With more than 200 music acts, a variety of fitness and experiential workshops and inspirational talks, Shambala offers a truly varied and cultural experience.
When: 23rd-26th August 2018
Where: Secret Country Estate, Northamptonshire
Price: From £134 for adults and £39 for children
Find out more: http://www.shambalafestival.org/
5) The Good Life Experience – Just North of Wrexham, enjoy a weekend of discovery and adventure in the great outdoors!
When: 14th-16th September 2018
Where: Hawarden, Flintshire
Price: From £119 for non-camping, free for Under 12s
Find out more: https://www.thegoodlifeexperience.co.uk/
6) Shrewsbury Folk Festival – Spend the August bank holiday tucked away on a glorious riverside site in the heart of Shrewsbury. With a tent specifically just for children, this traditional music festival is a perfect example of family friendly festivals.
When: 24th-27th August 2018
Where: West Midlands Showground, Shrewsbury
Price: Weekend from £155 for non-camping, day tickets £36
Find out more: https://shrewsburyfolkfestival.co.uk/
7) Festival No.6 – Immerse yourself in music, arts and culture, surrounded by beautiful woodlands in the magical coastal home of Portmeirion. Take your little ones to enjoy the pop-up-and-play programme, campfire karaoke or challenge the family with some pirate training!
When: 6th-9th September 2018
Price: Day tickets from £59
Find out more: https://festivalnumber6.com/family/
8) Stockfest – Stockley Farm presents its two-day festival. Expect to find face painting, storytelling, music and singing, silent disco, arts and crafts and much more! Single day tickets or weekend camping options are available.
When: 11th-12th August 2018
Price: From £9.50 or £100 for a family of 4
Find out more: https://www.stockleyfarm.co.uk/stockfest/
Or, if festivals aren’t your thing, why not suggest these events to whoever is looking after your little ones and enjoy some well deserved ‘me time’. Take some time off to rest and re-charge, or to kick-start your fitness regime with Simply Gym!